Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thank You Sts. Mary, Raphael, Rita, & Thomas Aquinas!!!

Mirror link

Glory to God in the highest! Thank you, Lord, for hearing the prayers of Sts. Mary, Raphael, Rita, and Thomas Aquinas. I was in an academic jam and I trusted in the intercession of the saints (I prayed successive novenas from A Treasury of Novenas to Mary the Mother of God, Raphael the Archangel, and Rita of Cascia; I also prayed the Rosary often) and the infinite mercy of God, and now I've got four out of my five grades for this semester back, and the average turned out to be higher than I expected and asked for! This is not merely the fruit of my weak efforts. This is God manifesting His boundless mercy on a wretched man like me who stands in most need of His healing, transforming forgiveness. St. Rita, whose feast day is the 22nd of this Month of Mary, I beg you, Patron Saint of the Impossible, to continue to intercede for me, a poor sinner, whenever I am in quandaries. My readers, I urge you in the strongest terms to pray to St. Rita in case of any needs, great or small. This exhortation is but one tiny part of my fulfillment of my promise to the holy stigmatist to "glorify [her] by making known [her] favor, and to bless [her] and sing [her] praises forever" [A Treasury of Novenas 254]! The same page of the book says:
O God, in Your infinite tenderness You have been pleased to regard the prayer of Your servant Rita, and to grant to her supplication that which is impossible to human foresight, skill, and effort, in reward for her compassionate love and firm reliance on Your promises.

Have pity on our adversities and comfort us in our calamities, that unbelievers may know that You are the recompense of the humble, the defense of the helpless, and the strength of those who trust in You. Grant this in the Name of Jesus the Lord.
God willing, I expect to reach my goal GPA this semester, pending notification of how I did in my fifth class.

Prayer is so powerful. The Liturgy of the Eucharist is the greatest prayer, and I thank you, Lord Jesus Christ, for letting partake of, though unworthy, Your Precious Body and Blood so many times since my incorporation into the Church of God which You have purchased with Your own Blood [Acts 20:28]. The Rosary and the novenas are so helpful and I beg you, dear readers, to pray novenas for any of your intentions. Thank you so much, St. Thomas Aquinas, for helping me to get an A in the class on your philosophy this semester. I love you and you are the prince of theologians! St. Raphael my patron saint, you are so great to me. O Blessed Ever-Virgin Mary, Mother of God and hope of sinners, you are the greatest of all, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, and I entrust myself and those I love to your all-powerful intercession before the Lord our God.

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord, God of power and might! Heaven and earth are full of Your glory! Hosanna in the highest! Blessed is he who comes in the Name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on all us poor sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

No comments: