Thursday, April 01, 2010

Holy Week: Answered Prayer!

Mirror link

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Happy Holy Thursday to you and yours!

I thank and praise the Lord our God and all His saints for answering my prayers. I've been saying the Rosary and praying especially to Sts. Joseph the Just, Raphael the Archangel, Christopher the Martyr of Lycia (†251), Peregrine Laziosi of Forli (1260-5/1/1345), and my guardian angel. I often recite the Jesus prayer and invoke the most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Without the prompting of the Holy Spirit, I would not have been running, doing crunches, and using the elliptical this week. If not for the grace of God, I would have taken a nap last evening and not worked out more intensely than usual. If not for the merciful Lord hearing my prayer, I would not have been so focused on my responsibilities. If not for the intercession of the aforementioned saints (esp. Sts. Mary, Raphael, and Peregrine Laziosi), my skin would not be nearly as clear as it is right now--praise God!

My brothers and sisters, pray for me, a sinner, that I may grow much more intimate with the indwelling Trinity this Holy Week as I get initiated into the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, to which the merciful triune God has called me. Pray, my brothers and sisters, that I may always keep and be mindful of my baptismal promises and grow ever stronger in my devotion to the Lord our God. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Amen.

No comments: