Tuesday, April 06, 2010

April 6 Meditations: Five Sorrowful Mysteries

Mirror link

Jesus aches with unspeakable sorrow in the garden. His agony when He was before Him the sins of the world, for which He would be cruelly tortured on the Cross! In His human sensual will He naturally abhorred death [Lk 22:42], but His divine will permitted this to be so. He is our Lord and our God--we must also do the will of the Father and be perfect as He is [Mt 5:48]. The Holy Spirit works in me to give me the grace to delete my dirty music (and I thank St. John Chrysostom the Great especially for interceding for me in this matter), and detach myself from things that draw me away from the risen Prince of Peace and ensnare me under the tyranny of the prince of this world. St. Raphael, pray for me, a sinner. Thank You Lord for incorporating me into the Church which Your only-Begotten Son purchased with the same precious Blood [Acts 20:28] He sweated out in the garden [Lk 22:44]. Keep me vigilant, Lord.

May the merits of Christ's suffering at the pillar [Mt 27:26] obtain eternal life for me and those I love, especially my immediate family. May I obtain mortification of my weak flesh by meditating on this Second Sorrowful Mystery.

How forcefully do we push the crown of thorns into the scalp of the uncreated King of Kings! They clothed Him in a scarlet robe [Mt 27:28]. May He make our scarlet souls as white as snow, pure and radiant like the light with which He shone in front of the three chief Apostles on Mt. Tabor. Sts. Moses and Elijah, pray for us!

God give me strength to carry the Cross, the Cross so heavy. When I fall, sweet Lord Jesus, pick me up. Be merciful, Lord! I wish to take up my Cross daily and follow You [Lk 9:23] wherever you may lead me, and one day venerate the precious wood of the True Cross discovered by St. Helena.

Forgive us, Lord. We pierce Your Sacred Heart. We crucify You, driving sharp nails through You when we willfully disobey You. Lord Jesus, hear our prayer: have mercy on us poor sinners! Amen. I cannot thank You enough for bringing me into your Mystical Body, the Church, the sole Ark of salvation. May you rescue all mankind from the deadly waters of the flood! Bring everyone onto the one Ark. Thank you, my good Lord Jesus, the Lamb of God Who takes away the sins of the world. Amen.

No comments: