Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Holy Relics of St. John Chrysostom

Thanks be to God, for I was blessed to be able to kiss the holy head of St. John Chrysostom last weekend at the Russian Orthodox Cathedral of Our Lady of the Sign. The All-Night Vigil was sublimely beautiful, and I recited the Melkite Troparion, Tone 8, in front of the precious relics. I also went to Catholic Underground, sang hymns and worshiped the Lord, and met many holy Jesuit seminarians.

I plan to go back to Our Lady of the Sign Cathedral this weekend to get one or more icons.

Thanks to the prayers of the great St. John Chrysostom before the throne of the Lamb, as well as the intercession of Sts. Mary, Joseph, Raphael, and my guardian angel, God kept me safe in my travels. Thanks to the prayers of St. John Chrysostom, God has given me the grace to start removing bad influences in my life (especially dirty music) as Lent approaches.

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord, God of power, God of might! Heaven and earth are full of your glory! Hosanna in the highest!

No comments: