Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Answering Brian Holtz

I was just cc'd by Brian Holtz, an atheist and apostate from Roman Catholicism, who offers the Atheist Cage Match Challenge for Christians. I'll go back and re-do my responses to Holtz, because those early writings are of a lower quality than the things I write today. In the meantime, he can read the many saints and Doctors of the Church{1} and other theologians and ecclesiastical writers, who have given much better answers than I could ever give. This literature can be found all over Google Books and the Internet Archive. I pray that God gives Holtz the efficacious grace to make a wholehearted return to the Church in the near future.
Notes & References
{1} I recommend particularly St. Thomas Aquinas (January 28), St. Augustine the Great (August 28 West/June 15 East), St. Alphonsus Maria Liguori (August 1), St. Robert Bellarmine (September 17), St. Athanasius the Great (May 2 West/January 18 East), St. John of Damascus (December 4), and St. Francis de Sales (January 24).

No comments: