Tuesday, December 01, 2009

In Memory of Grandma Huysman

Mirror link

My paternal grandmother, Virginia Rose Britton Huysman (4/17/1918-11/24/2009), passed away last week about 20 minutes before I was scheduled to visit her. I and many others said, "Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen."

I thank any readers of this blog who had the heart to pray for my grandma when I posted the news about her stroke last week. I prayed fervently for her, and so did her friends (including a couple dozen Rosarians) and family who came to honor her memory. By all accounts she was a living saint. There is no doubt that she is now in Heaven. I invoke her daily in my prayers. She bore seven boys and raised them in the Church, and was a righteous widow who lived a life of prayer. Grandma Ginny, who made friends quickly and easily, was in charge of everything; she was a strong leader whose wisdom won the respect of many.

My saintly grandma had a great devotion to the Rosary; she prayed it daily to honor the Blessed Mary, Ever-Virgin Mother of God. I inherited one set of her Rosary Beads. She showed her great love to me, in one way, by giving me some of the relics of my grandpa: the quilt she made with patches from his clothes.

She now reposes in blessedness with my grandpa, Martin Cyril Thomas Huysman II (7/7/1917-11/23/2001), and they enjoy the things which no eye has seen and no ear has heard. May we one day join her and my grandpa in eternal bliss. Amen.

No comments: