Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Sister Blog: Catholic Patristics

Check out my new sister blog, Catholic Patristics. Click here for a convenient index of posts. I'm at the start of a very long process of inserting quotes, hyperlinked references (including links to the versions in their original languages in Migne's Patrologia Latina and Patrologia Graeca), and my own glosses on the texts so that they are not just "spoof texts." Here's the blog description:
A Fordham University freshman theology major and athlete provides analysis (glosses on florigelia) and harmony/synthesis/consensus of the teachings of the Fathers and Doctors of the Church, with a special focus on refuting Eastern Orthodox doctrines that are contrary to those of the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.
I take the lionheart ascetic and genius St. Maximos the Confessor of Constantinople as my Heavenly patron for Catholic Patristics, and I pray that the blog, when it is much more fleshed out, will help evangelize non-Catholics, most especially the Eastern Orthodox, for whom I have much love and respect. God has blessed me with certain knowledge that the Catholic Church is the true Church, and I humbly hope that my new complementary blog will help show this truth from a Patristic and conciliar basis and help strengthen the faith of Catholics. May God make my faith and your faith stronger each day! Amen.
I hope you are doing well. God bless you and yours! Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments: