Monday, July 09, 2007

Oy Vey!

Oy vey! Today I was just a fat slob. I had a plan to make the best out of today by improving myself; I have been pretty good about avoiding sloth lately but today was a grave lapse. Last night I bought the new Nike Air Pegasus running shoes just before seeing Pirates Of the Caribbean Three (10/10). I didn't think it possible, but the 2007 model is superior to the old one I had purchased for spring track. I was set upon buying only Pegasus shoes and I knew I was right when I took a walk in the light and cushy yet sturdy shoes. My plan was to do 50 crunches, run 4.2 miles in my new shoes, do an intense eight-minute circuit training routine from the Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time! Guide{1} (buy it today) and then do 50 more crunches before biking 24.6 miles and having a lunch of a chicken patty and chocolate shake with whipped cream. I might have gone for a swim but wouldn't have been surprised if I didn't have it in me. Then I would have bike another 7.4 miles back home and done 50 more crunches. That would have been the perfect workout.

Problem is, my plan was contingent upon getting a good night's sleep, and I did not accomplish that in time and did not beat the intense heat and humidity outdoors which I would have but for the movie (last night I loved the movie but I had expressed my reservations about going multiple times at around dinner time). So today I did essentially nothing but eat, sleep, and listen to music. I was sleeping to make up for the deficit that has been accumulating due to me falling asleep after midnight and getting up around 8:00 A.M. Now it's after 6:00 P.M. and I am not going for a run, and my left achilles has an open blister thanks to me foolishly picking it.

Lord, give me strength!

{1} Buy this book by David Zinczenko and Ted Spiker now @ http://www.amazon.com/Diet-Right-Every-Time-Guide/dp/1594862389. I love Men's Health books because they are always funny and they always dispel harmful misconceptions about fitness. This workout is total-body and builds lots of muscle and melts lots of fat.

1 comment:

Ikez said...

Hey Will,
I hope you aren't done with your other site:
http://iraqandalqaeda.blogspot.com/

The topic isn't dead and some stuff keeps coming to light each few weeks.

I would like to link to all those in the blogosphere who blog on this so if you do write something else on a new finding please shoot me an email so I can link you up. Hope all is well,
Mark of http://www.regimeofterror.com