Thursday, May 25, 2006

I'm in a sort of a dilemma. I have patellar tendonitis and Osgood Schlatter's disease, and my knees have been bothering me recently; I have symptoms consistent with a meniscus tear--such as frequent popping and clicking--but I don't think the pain is acute enough for that to be the case. I have to play basketball tonight with this possibility, and I am hoping that my meniscus isn't already torn (I think the odds are pretty low). However, I could tear it tonight with all the jumping--last week plyometrics led to acute pain (I skipped plyometrics today)--but I have very good footwear. If I do tear it, that would be a serious problem. It would be very demoralizing since I've been active and running for about 2 of the last 7 months. Assuming a long recovery time, I wouldn't be in good enough shape to go to the Fordham summer basketball camp, which is what I really need to do for skill and attitude development. I will pray for the best, and I would greatly appreciate any prayers for my sake. Thanks and God bless.

No comments: